Smart bins and clean cities should be a slogan for our cleaner and better streets and neighbourhood, making for an enhanced living. Various solutions have been implemented to collect and dispose of solid waste in India, but not many of them have effectively worked. Despite the efforts taken, cleanliness remains a major issue.
Although the Clean Cities drive have helped to some extent, the current COVID-19 pandemic has created an urgent need to minimize dirt, garbage, and the number of waste bins across Indian cities. This can mean fewer surfaces to touch and a lesser spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Solid waste collection and management should be done with the utmost care and professionalism. If solid waste from hospitals and other public places is not timely collected, it will be difficult to control the spread. The current solid waste collection and management practices are being questioned as more and more waste is generated and there is no viable solution to collect it smoothly, hence creating a challenge for the authorities.
MaasTrans brings you Smart Bins that are a promising waste collection & management system and offer sustainable solutions.
Smart Bins, a smart way for waste collection and management
Solid waste management in smart cities in India is a challenge and we introduce a new hope that is Bigbelly, a smart way of waste collection and management.
Bigbelly is the world’s leading Smart Waste Collection System and is now available in India and part of the smart city drive. Our system does smart waste management using IOT, and we bring you the same with some amazing features like –
- An enclosed design that keeps all the garbage inside.
- Ensures there is no spillage and keeps away pests.
- When full, it beeps and sends a signal to the garbage collection crew.
Hence, the need to check on the bins for their fullness is eliminated and so are the overflows. This smart product can be deployed in hospitals, colleges, hotels, hostels, large companies, industrial areas, residential colonies, and other public places like parks and theatres.
Smart Bins, the way to reduce carbon footprints
Our smart bins are introduced with a larger motive than just of garbage collection and beautifying spaces. It is our initiative towards building a sustainable environment which in turn reduces carbon footprints.
And how do we do it?
Our streamlined process of garbage collection reduces collections by 70-80% on average and a subsequent decrease in liner usage. This means-
- Lesser labour hours, lesser fleets, lesser fuel consumption.
- Optimised collection methods and higher route efficiencies.
- Cleaner and better city spaces with decluttered and safer streets.
- Reduced truck traffic and thus reduced noise and air pollution.
- Introduction and appointment of public space recycling programs.
- and thus, contributing mainly to fewer carbon prints.
Our centralized system can help monitor and control the whole process. The operational analysis is done for optimized collections and can be controlled through web-based software or a mobile app.
Bigbelly has introduced worldwide waste management for smart cities for decluttering spaces and bringing a sense of cleanliness and goodwill.
- They are attracting locals and visitors through deploying wi-fi hotspots on the smart bins so that people can access the internet while they are between transit, or at a park, or retail outlets or streets & sidewalks. This emphasizes a clean and litter-free environment.
- The total bin containment keeps the pests totally off the bins and therefore decreases rodents in a public place.
- The smart bin sends an alarm when nearing full capacity and therefore can be collected before possible overflows. This also rules out the possibility of collections from empty bins thereby saving on time, fleet, and labour.
- This strategic alarm-based collection has brought down collections to 80% and therefore the collection crews can be engaged in other more meaningful work.
Let us all come together to help our country and community by keeping it clean. Opt for Bigbelly as your trustworthy option for a clean, carbon footprint-free and sustainable future.